As QuickBooks experts, we can perform this task for you. We will conduct a complete data file review and analysis to locate any discrepancies or errors, identify areas for improvement in your chart of accounts, as well as areas that require clean up, and provide you with a complete list of recommendations and action items. We can also perform any of the required tasks to clean up and/or repair your data file.
After a professional review by one of our associates, you will be able to optimize your QuickBooks, improve the accuracy of your data, and make tax time easier for you and your accountant.
- Chart of Accounts
- How to create and link cost centres, pay points, job codes and occupations
- Income and Expense Classifications
- Duplicate Items
- Unused Item and Vendor Names
- Class Tracking
- Preferences and Security
- Account Balances
- Working Trial Balance
- List Changes – added, deleted, merged or edited elements in: Chart of Accounts, Item Lists, Fixed Asset Items, Payroll Items, Customer List and Vendor List
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Aging Detail Reports
- Account Mappings
- Inventory Quantity/Values On Hand
- Payroll Set-up, Payments, Liabilities
- Employee Default Settings
- Payroll & Taxes
- Discrepancies in Bank Reconciliations
- Missing Cheques
We are experts at cleaning up company files. If your QuickBooks is not running as quickly as it should, or you have too many unused items or obsolete accounts, or your data file has grown monstrously large, then it may be time to clean up your data file. The first step, of course, is to make a back-up copy for your archives, followed by a complete review. We can walk you through this process or perform the necessary steps for you. Either way, you can rest assured that your financial data and transactional history will be intact.
- Easily import and export information
- Protect your payroll information by setting up user access rights and passwords
- Create new transaction templates and formulae for powerful and complex incentive or allowance calculations
- How to set up new rates for specialised shift allowances and specific overtime requirements
- Utilising the Batch Transactions facility for multiple transaction input on a single screen i.e. commissions and overtime
- Printing reports for previous periods
- Learn how to use the powerful Multiple Transaction Manager to affect global transaction changes over multiple selections of employees
Some clients do not want or need the entire transactional history, while others want specific periods, the history for only certain accounts, or only the data in current open accounts. If a full conversion is not necessary, we can extract the data to only include the details you want to carry over in the conversion.
When you are ready to make the move to QuickBooks, our team of experts is ready to help.
Data Conversions & MigrationsWhen the accounting software you have been using no longer meets your needs, whether it is too expensive, cumbersome or difficult to work with, or you have simply outgrown its capabilities, it is time to consider switching to QuickBooks. We can help you with your data conversion.
With our deep QuickBooks and accounting knowledge, we can save you considerable time and effort with the conversion and data migration process. We can also make certain that your lists and accounts have all imported correctly, that your data integrity is intact and that your chart of accounts is set up properly in your new QuickBooks file.
If your data file is corrupt or in need of repair, our Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors are here for you.
We offer timely repair for damaged data files, backup files, portable files and accountant copies and are experienced in all versions of QuickBooks accounting software. When you are running into error messages or suspect that your data file may be damaged, we can help. After more than thirty years, we have seen it all, but some of the more common errors include:
- Lost connection to the company file.
- Data file is not recognized.
- Data file is corrupted or damaged.
- Unable to open company file.
- QuickBooks crashes when opening data file.
- Backup file fails to restore.
- Errors when upgrading to a newer version, or when downgrading from Enterprise to Pro or Premier.
- Password recovery and/or removal errors.
- Missing or damaged data after condensing or cleaning up your data file.